We're excited to invite you to a wonderful event for #authors! Join Us for the 9th Annual Book Marketing Conference Online
This year the theme is "Reach More Readers!" The event is shaping up to be the best one yet!
Click here to Register
Register for Free access to three, interactive, workshops. These are designed to help you reach more readers and sell more books.
- Reach More Readers (Online book marketing strategies that sizzle!)
- Productivity Workshop (Learn how to get more done in less time!)
- Surprise Workshop (We believe you'll be delighted with this one too!)
You'll also be able to get your access pass for this 16-Speaker event. Check out the lineup...
- Rachel Henke: Position Package & Promote Your Expertise with a Book
- Donna K. Fitch: Your Online Author Presence
- Jane Tabachnick: Boost Book Sales with a Media Kit
- Linda Stirling: Enhance Your Amazon Presence So Readers Love You
- Sandra Beckwith: Reach More Readers Through Guest Blogging
- Sara F. Hathaway: Harness the Power of Pinterest to Reach More Readers
- Brian Basilico: Building the Buzz Before the Book Launch Using Social Media
- Tamara Patzer: Reach More Readers Through List Building
- Brian Jud: How to Sell Large Quantities of Books to Non-Bookstore Buyers
- Diane Bell and Becky Norwood: Deliver Your Perfect Pitch To Your Perfect Audience
- Bill O’Hanlon: C.A.R.V.E. Your Platform for Greater Visibility and Income
- Jeff Herring: Reaching the World with the Few Short Words that Sell More Books
- Eamonn O'Brien: Reach More Readers by Learning How to Make Powerful Speeches
- Ellen Finkelstein: How to Use PowerPoint to Create Powerful Videos and Engaging Course Content
- Doug Foresta: How to Reach More Readers Through Podcasting
- D'vorah Lansky: Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
Register today by going to:
Looking forward to seeing you at the event!
Press release news is not what it used to be. New rules apply. “I have a job for you. I want you to write a press release about my company and place it in the Wall Street Journal.” – Every naïve entrepreneur ever, approaching PR I’ve had some interesting conversations lately with [...]
Source: ###Press Releases Still Matter, But Not For The Reasons You Think
Having personally done some of my own first press releases, we appreciate this article. As an author myself, and having the privilege of helping others to become best selling #authors, we know that marketing is a key ingredient to success of your efforts. Press Releases are just one of the tools to use in your marketing arsenal.
We also want to share the words of wisdom regarding Press Releases so kindly shared by Jason P. Jordan.
Jason is a man of heart and integrity and a great grasp on what works and does not work in the world of authorship. Being a best selling author himself, Jason has a gift for inspiration and a gift for seeing the big picture for success both as an author and as a business owner.
Becky Norwood and Diane K. Bell: Publish Yourself to Wealth
Branding Experts Helping a Branding Expert
Creating the marketing message on your book cover--your book's front and back cover copywriting--should be a once-and-done function. You are not just creating "blurbs," you are choosing how to identify and communicate and attract people to your brand. Take a look at the book brand we developed for Brenda Bence, a world-reknown corporate branding expert (it just shows that even a branding expert needs some help from the outside). We created Brenda's three "How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo" book titles as a series for her. These book titles and more enable Brenda to continually expand her now well branded expertise to other niche markets through books that are adding value to her consulting practice.
Making the Leap to New Niche Markets--Whatever That Means for You
With more than 25 years experience within Fortune 100 multinational corporations--from Procter & Gamble and Bristol-Myers Squibb to Mattel and Pizza Hut--Brenda Bence has been responsible for marketing some of the world's biggest-selling consumer brands in nearly 50 countries across four continents.
Building a Brand That Grows Every Part of Your Business
Also a certified career coach, Brenda Bence has now married her passion for corporate branding and her passion for coaching to create a personal branding system. This system is based on the same methods she has developed and used to help her corporate clients grow powerhouse name brands. In e ach book of her "How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo" series, Brenda translates these methods into ready-to-use techniques for professionals, job seekers, and even college grads. The result is a series of step-by-step guides she now uses to attract a whole host of new markets and potential new clients to her expertise.
In helping Brenda create this "How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo" book series and brand (yes, she actually had trademarked YOU™), we created complete front and back cover book marketing copy that draws people in and quickly develops loyal fans. Here is just one excerpt from the book back cover marketing copy we developed for Brenda's first book. It creates that all-important transition from Brenda as corporate branding expert to personal branding strategist:
"This groundbreaking book provides you with a start-to-finish system for defining, communicating, and taking control of your personal brand at work. Modeled after the world’s most successful big-brand marketing methods, How YOU™ Are Like Shampoo guides you step-by-step through proven corporate branding techniques never before adapted for personal use."
The rest of the book's back cover copy includes other critical
components that "seal the deal" for prospective readers/buyers:
- Captivating headline
- At-a-glance, buy-me-now bullet points
- An expert/author endorsement, which we created for source approval
- High-profile bio and lead generator
- A technique that drives traffic to Brenda's website that also includes a
name-capture device on her website when visitors get there.
Each of these book cover components is part of Brenda's now "once-and-done" brand marketing strategy. It gives her a brand on which she (and we) continue to build. If, like Brenda, you'd like to transition your expertise into new areas, give us a call. It may be that you are just getting started or looking for a fresh start. Either way, getting your marketing message and positioning right early on helps you make the leap smoothly and successfully so that you, too, grow a powerful and profitable presense that just keeps growing.
Diane K. Bell and Becky Norwood from Publish Yourself to Wealth know that there is an abundance of brilliant individuals sharing their knowledge, experience and expertise in this huge world of the world wide web. Blogging is an excellent opportunity to grow your own client base. We feel that sharing what we find from other experts is an excellent way to offer value and perspective for our own clients. Enjoy!